Muqeet's blog How To IIS and Log Parser 2.2
Using Microsoft LogParser to find Bandwidth usage SixFive
A very simple way to parse all sorts of logs like W3C, IIS, WMS etc. At some stage in developing a server side application, I needed a way to check a particular user's download bandwidth. We have lots of client accounts in IIS6 and WMS (Windows Media Server), and each user has got a specific folder... As a sys admin, It would be great to be able to use the Microsoft tool "Log Parser 2.2" as a data source. This is a tool developed by Microsoft to query logs with SQL language.
Get a Load of Log Parser IT Pro
It provides the ability to query text-based data such as log files, XML files and CSV files. This post will show you how to take a perfmon produced CSV file, and perform basic analysis on the results using … how to talk to an angel You can use Log Parser to look for the top 10 recipients of messages delivered to mailboxes on the server. First, you need to know which fields exist in the source logs. You can ask Log Parser to parse a file and report what it finds:
Using LogParser from C# leastprivilege.com
In this article, Sudeep discusses the usage of LogParser 2.2 and its various options to parse IIS logs, FileMon and Regmon logs. After a brief introduction, he examines the LogParser command line syntax with various scenarios accompanied by relevant screenshots. Towards the end of the article, Sudeep provides few useful reference links which how to use technology to communicate safely and effectively Report Top Sender IP's on Exchange Server 2010 using Log Parser May 9, 2012 by Paul Cunningham 21 Comments When you are investigating Exchange Transport server load one of the interesting pieces of data to look at is the IP addresses that are connecting to your server the most.
How long can it take?
Report Top Sender IP's on Exchange Server 2010 using Log
- Using Log Parser with SharePoint to Generate Interesting
- How To Use Log Parser 2.2 From Visual Basic BigResource.com
- Using LogParser part 4 - Simple Talk - Redgate Software
- How to get started with Microsoft Log Parser Â· James Skemp
How To Use Log Parser 2.2
I can't actually test this with logparser, but I suspect the problem is being caused because when you use something like %varname% in a batch script, it thinks you are asking it to get the value assigned to the varname variable, and insert it in the statement.
- 3/02/2011 · Note that you can use wildcard characters in the filenames, so if your IIS log files have names like u_ex20140101.log, then you can use logparser “select * from u_ex201401*.log” to query all of the logs for January.
- 10/07/2012 · About Log Parser is a very powerful, versatile tool that provides universal query access to text-based data, such as log files, XML files, and CSV files, as well as key data sources on the Microsoft Windows operating system, such as the event log, the registry, the file system, and the Active Directory directory service.
- 12/12/2014 · Log Parser Studio is a utility that allows you to search through and create reports from your IIS, Event, EXADB and others types of logs. It builds on top of Log Parser 2.2 and has a full user interface for easy creation and management of related SQL queries.
- As a sys admin, It would be great to be able to use the Microsoft tool "Log Parser 2.2" as a data source. This is a tool developed by Microsoft to query logs with SQL language.